Followers

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Some St. Paddy Party Pics and Mum update

As the title suggests I will have some pictures up from the St. Patrick's day party that Eric and I went to last night at our good friends house. Sue and Carl threw a great party and we had a wonderful time out (even if it was just across the road !!)
After a very long day with some events happening in my life we were expecting, I managed to carve out my potato for the competition at the party. I stuck to an irish theme and even got it
"painted" and sealed with lacre.

This is my potato beside Eric's potato (no you aren't seeing things..he didn't get a chance to do anything with his)



Now onto the Mum update.
Mum has had a bit of a set back the last couple of days with some pain in her right groin area. This is making it extremely hard for her to walk and get comfortable. The Doctor has told us its due to the tumors growing in her abdomen and causing issues with her leg. Mum is relatively comfortable when on her pain meds every 3-4 hours.
We had a family meeting tonight to discuss various things, like the cars, house, and funeral plans have been written down.
Mum is very strong and is still very determined to fight this with every ounce of who she is! We are her soldiers backing her up all the way. I am very proud to be her daughter and to have her as my mum. I can only hope that when my time comes that I am every ounce as strong as she is!
Please continue to keep her in your prayers as we pray for a miracle to destroy the disease that is rapidly taking over her body.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I don't know what to say, Amy. But just know that I am thinking and praying for all of you.